• Patented Maglev-2000 Quadrupole Magnets can travel on, and transition between, low-cost narrow
beam & flat planar guideways.
• Maglev 2000 vehicle can electronically switch off main guideway at 300 mph to off-line stations for
loading and unloading
Problem: On-Line stations seriously degrade average speed.
Solution: Off-Line station spacing will be relatively close to maximize passenger/freight revenues.
• Maglev vehicles induce currents in the aluminum loops generating inherently stable and
• On-Line stations seriously degrade average speed maximize guideway traffic capacity.
• Conventional trains can use the RR tracks when the Maglev vehicles are not operating.
• Maglev transport will soon be a major global industry.
• U.S. still has opportunity to set the International Standard by accelerating development of its
advanced 2nd Generation Maglev technology.
• Instead of subsidizing high cost 1st Generation foreign Maglev, the U.S. Government should:
o Promote Competition to achieve the best Maglev system based on U.S. expertise.
o Capture the World Market for Maglev exports.
o Achieve the maximum economic and energy benefits of Maglev for the U.S. and the World Community.
• However, continuing to subsidize high cost 1st generation foreign maglev systems and advanced
steel-wheel trains in the U.S. will lose the opportunity to develop a robust U.S. Maglev industry.