Uses attractive magnetic force from energy consuming conventional electromagnets. Ultra-engineering tolerances and rapid servo control of magnet current required to counteract instability of narrow air gap (1/2 inch).
• Weather and seismic issues.
• Very expensive construction
• Full Length (72 foot) Prototype
Narrow Beam Manufactured in
• Reinforced Concrete Hollow Box
Beam w/Post Tensioning Cables.
• $40,000 cost for first unit;
Projected to be $20,000 in large
• Projected to cost Approximately
$4M per Mile (2- Way
• Supports 100,000 lb vehicle with
1/4 inch Mid Span Deflection.
• Reduce oil imports and trade deficits.
• Save lives and cut health care costs by reducing traffic fatalities and injuries. • Enhance logistics for Defense and Homeland Security.
• Reduce highway and local street maintenance costs by reducing wear and
damage by trucks.
• Reduce fiscal deficits by lower petroleum prices, lower inflation, and greater
productivity in transporting goods and people.
• Enhance environment and health by reducing pollution.
• Increase the export of U.S. manufactured goods.