• More powerful lifting capability
• High-speed electronic switching
• Transitions from narrow beam to planar
• Compatibility with existing rail
• Low-cost of prefabricated narrow beam guideway
• Revenue from 3000 intercity trucks per day equal 150,000 daily passengers • Many Interstate routes carry 15,000 or more trucks daily
• No. 1: Ensure U.S. energy and economic security.
• No. 2: Reduce highway deaths, injuries, and congestion.
• No. 3: Enable a cost effective, high capacity national Maglev network
with the potential to be financed by private capital.
• World oil production will peak ("Hubbert’s Peak") within 10-20 years.
o Production will peak slightly above current 80 million barrels per day
and then steadily decline.
o Oil price will then rapidly and continuously escalate.
• 2004 U.S. oil consumption is 20 million barrels/day.
o U.S. Consumption in 2025 AD is projected to be ~2 times greater.
o 2/3 of U.S. Oil used for transport.
o 70% of U.S. Oil will be imported by 2025.
o $100/barrel of oil would result in U.S. trade deficit of 1 trillion dollars
• High prices and foreign control of oil will threaten U.S. energy and economic